Saffron Green Tea Poached Pears with Skyr
GREEN TEA HONEY SAFFRON POACHED PEARS ON SKYR
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 organic orange, cut into slices
- 400ml green tea
- 100g raw honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- Pinch of saffron
- 4 pears (Conference or Abate), peeled
- 200g skyr
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Put the green tea, orange slices, cinnamon stick, star anise, honey and saffron in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Once the liquid has started to boil, reduce the heat and place the peeled pears into the saucepan. Depending on the size of your pears poach the fruit for 15 - 20 minutes, turning every so often so that the pears take on an even color from the saffron. Once the pears have softened, remove from the heat and allow to cool and steep. Overnight steeping is recommended as the pears really take on a lovely flavor from the poaching liquid.
- Divide the skyr into 4 bowls, scatter with walnuts and chia seeds then place a pear on top. Drizzle a tablespoon or more of the poaching honey saffron liquid over the pear and the skyr.
If you want to sweeten the skyr add a tablespoon of honey and mix before plating.
Other spices work well with this dessert too. Try cardamom or cloves.
Grated dark chocolate adds another gorgeous and decadent level to the dessert.
By Meeta K. Wolff - Originally posted by our friends at www.whatsforlunchhoney.net